• Description

    The poet e.e. cummings, who made Patchin Place his home from 1924 to 1962, once described it as a “certain diminutive dead end lane of hundred year old houses”—and he was right.  The simple 3-story brick dwellings, built in 1848, originally housed workers in the neighborhood.  Cummings and his wife Marion Morehouse, model and photographer, lived in No. 4.

  • Map